Hydrate inside and out
Did you know that the skin is the largest organ in our body? And that water is one of our main components? These are very important data and that you must take into account in your day to day to take care of yourself as you deserve. So, today we are going to explain the importance of hydration both inside and out .
At Happylegs we consider it very important to address this reality since there are many people who are not aware of the risk of ignoring external agents that are harmful to our skin. It may seem that now with the cold we are not so thirsty and constant hydration is not so necessary. But, this is an erroneous thought, we explain why.
For example, long-term exposures to sun, sudden changes in temperature, tobacco , stress , alcohol or perfumes are agents before which the protective shield of our skin is not enough . Tough Due to its protective mechanism, the skin needs your help to stay in its optimal state.
In addition, as is logical, poor hydration it will lead to dehydration , one of the main signs of aging premature that translates into wrinkles , cracks , scales , Tightness and opacity . Do you suffer from any of them? So you must remedy it.
In this way, if you strive to have healthy skin and therefore hydrated , you will help prevent illnesses ... Thus that no matter your age, sex or the season of the year , keep your body hydrated in your day to day!
Next, we explain how to carry out a routine in the that you are taking care of your hydration and the benefits that this will bring for your whole body .
10 keys to good hydration:
- Consume between 2 and 3 liters of mineral water daily . It is important that you do not go too long without drinking, especially if you are going to be outdoors and exposed to the sun.
- If you do physical exercise, drink two or three glasses of water little by little before exercising. During the activity you should drink small sips and after it, try to drink plenty of water. In this last phase, keep in mind not to go too far as you may experience hyponatremia , that is, you drink more water than you sweat and experience dizziness, confusion or muscle weakness .
- Drink water before and after meals .
- Avoid going out at maximum heat hours .
- Choose water over soft drinks .
- Avoid tobacco and alcoholic beverages as alcohol has a dehydrating effect. For its part, nicotine causes the contraction of blood vessels , decreasing blood flow and causing the accumulation of harmful substances
- Daily use of moisturizer . Find a space after each shower when your skin is still a little damp, this will favor greater water retention . You should also be aware when choosing the right product , go to a specialist if you need it.
- Exfoliate your skin and let it breathe. Cell renewal and flaking slow down over time, so you should help your skin by exfoliating it . Also, you should never go to bed with a dirty face or makeup , this way you are not letting him breathe.
- Have a good diet. Eating a balanced and varied diet in proteins , vitamins and fatty acids is essential to form new cells and keep the skin nourished.
- Sleep adequately . A good sleep helps in the recovery of the function of the immune system and in the production of collagen .
Hydration according to the Water and Health Research Institute
These are the benefits for the skin and the rest of the body of good hydration according to the Water and Health Research Institute :
- The skin acts as a physical barrier against pathogens and processes infectious and allergic so their delicate care is essential . Proper hydration moisturizes the skin and preserves its elasticity, softness and color. In addition, it will give you luminosity and a healthy appearance, at the same time. time that, in the long term, will prevent the appearance of: loss of elasticity; fragility; dull skin; dryness; wrinkles; peeling; cracks or tightness.
- brain . Maintains proper functioning of the brain since it depends to a large extent on the water to work Thus, good hydration helps the ability to concentrate , brain processing and short - term memory .
- Respiratory apparatus. A good intake of water hydrates the mucosa , throat , bronchi and lungs . Thus, the probability of viral infections is reduced.
- Heart and blood pressure. Hydration is important for functioning of the heart , to maintain good blood pressure and to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease .
- Kidneys . a correct one hydration helps the proper functioning of the kidneys , helping to eliminate toxins , waste and unnecessary nutrients to through urine. This reduces disorders and ailments renal (calculi, stones, infections…).
- Digestive system : Good hydration helps absorption and dissolution of nutrients . In addition, it also participates in the digestion of food and activates the enzymes that supply energy to the organism.
- Body temperature. Water acts as a thermoregulator and helps redistribution of heat from active tissues to the skin through perspiration .
- Muscles and joints. Good hydration lubricates muscles and joints. joints helping their correct physical performance.
So now you know, if you want to have a healthy state, proper hydration is essential! Each age and each circumstance demand special hydration, so if you require it, see your family doctor.